1. “to be in seventh heaven” = to be extremely happy, or in a state of bliss.
Question: Describe a childhood memory.
Answer: Back when I was a child, everytime I got taken to our city’s biggest amusement park I always felt like I was in seventh heaven
because I could enjoy playing a lot of fantastic games there and at the end of the day I could cap off with a tour around the park on monorail.
2. “(in) the middle of nowhere” = describes a place far away from any towns and cities and where few people live
Question: Talk about a house or an apartment you would like to live in.
Answer: I wanna be away from the hustle and bustle of city life but I wouldn’t wish my dream home to be in the middle of nowhere. The thing is…. i dont wanna lose touch with my friends while i still have access to all the services when i need……….so a house in the suburb would be my perfect choice I guess.
3. “every cloud has a silver lining” = every difficult or sad situation has a comforting or more hopeful aspect even though this may not be immediately apparent
Question: Describe a sports event you have attended.
Answer: My most recent trip to the local stadium to watch our home team competing for the National Championship was an unexpected one. I was given the ticket in compensation for a cancelled trip, so I guess as the saying goes, every cloud really has a silver lining…
4. “hustle and bustle” = busy and noisy activities
Question: What do you like about where you live?
Answer: I totally enjoy living in the suburbs as I can have a break from the hustle and bustle of the big city but still have access to all the services I need.
5. “not a cat in hell’s chance” = no chance at all
Question: Describe a memorable event in your life.
Answer: When I was about 10, some types of electrical malfunction set our house on fire. We hadn’t a cat in hell’s chance of rescuing our possessions before they were burned into nothing…